The Barker Adoption Foundation is excited to announce its 2015 Kids Art Contest!
DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9!!!
All kids up to age 17 in the extended Barker community are invited to submit their original artwork based on their interpretation of the contest theme, “My Family.” Winning artwork may appear on Barker’s 2015 Holiday Card and/or in other Barker print and online materials and social media. Digital copies of the art must be submitted by email on/by November 2. Winners will be notified.
Please see below for full contest guidelines. If you have any questions, please call Heather Mayes Gleason, Director of Development, at 301-664-9664 or email@example.com
- Any child in the “extended Barker community” may submit artwork to the contest -- adoptee, siblings, all family members (birth or adoptive).
- Family members of staff are not eligible.
- Pre-school: 4 & Under
- Early Elementary: 5-7
- Late Elementary: 8-10
- Middle School: 11-13
- High School: 14-17
All digital images of original artwork; submitted as a .JPEG file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on
November 2, 2015.EXTENDED until November, 9, 2015.
- The child must create the art without assistance from parents, teachers, or others.
- Limit of three submissions per child.
- Both Barker in-service families and families of the Contest judges are ineligible to participate.
- Electronic submissions only! Take photo, scan, etc. and submit as a .jpeg file to email@example.com
- Artwork must reflect theme of “My Family.”
- UNLIKE the artwork shown here, artwork should NOT contain names and or ages of family members (for privacy reasons -- and, well, mom and dad will be mortified!)
- Acceptable media are paint, pencil, colored pencil, ink, markers, crayons, or pastels. No 3-D submissions can be considered.
- No copyright infringement.
- All submissions become property of Barker.
All entries must be submitted by email and include the following information:
- Child’s Name and age
- Relationship to Barker
- Parent Phone Number and Address
- Electronic submission by a parent indicates approval for Barker to use the art online (social media, website, blog) and/or in other Barker materials and publications.
- By submitting, parents grant permission for their children's artwork, first name, and photo to be put online (social media, website) and/or printed in Barker materials & publications.
- Craig English (local artist and Barker supporter)
- Lee Guerringue (Barker contract graphic designer)
- Chris Intagliata (Barker mother, writer, elementary school teacher)
Winners will be picked on originality and creativity, as so determined by the judges, and the ability for the design to be easily translated for clear reproduction in Barker’s online and print publications.
- Art may be featured on Barker website or holiday cards or other Barker materials.
- Artwork may be featured in conjunction with Barker’s 70th Anniversary.
- Artwork will be displayed at Barker offices.
- Barker t-shirts for all winners and runners-up.
- NOTE: All art ultimately featured on Barker card or artwork featured is at the sole discretion of Barker staff.