Volunteers are at the heart of our mission.
Every day, volunteers help us find permanent, loving families for children by donating their time and talents – while simultaneously building their own new skills. Service and/or academic credits may be available for middle school and high school students. Unless otherwise specified, work location is Maryland, Virginia, and/or Washington, D.C.
The types of activities and events we often need volunteers to support may include, for example:
- Communications mailings
- Annual Conference on Adoption and Foster Care
- Guest bloggers for the Barker Blog
- Grant research
- Photographers at Barker events
- Fundraising events including Lunar New Year, 70th Anniversary Gala, “Barker Goes Nats!”
- Organizational tasks around the office
- “Phonathon” fundraising calls
- Data entry
For more information, please contact Sue Hollar, Associate Director, at 301-664-9664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.