10) You are good with kids!
9) Your commitment will help change a child’s future
8) Patience and sense of humor are two of your greatest strengths.
7) You have a heart that his bigger than your home.
6) Reaching out to others seems natural to you.
5) You have an extra bedroom (or two) that you would rather use for a child or sibling group than another storage room or office.
4) You know how important it is to be apart of a family.
3) You are ready to accept the challenge of parenting a special child or sibling group.
2) You strongly believe that kids need to stay in their neighborhoods, remain in their schools, keep the same friends and have connections in the community.
1) We currently have over 100,000 in US foster care who are legally free for adoption.
For more information about adopting a child or sibling group from foster care contact The Barker Adoption Foundation at 301-664-9664. Or visit our website at www.barkeradoptionfoundation.org.
- ‹ Book Recommendation: The Promise
- Want to Learn More about Older Child Adoption? Register for Training Today! ›