Barker is a winner of a Top Place to Work award from Bethesda Magazine. If you are interested in working for a nonprofit whose staff, board and volunteers work passionately to enrich the lives of children, please apply.
Child Matching and Family Support Specialist
The Barker Adoption Foundation, a non-profit adoption agency, is seeking a licensed social worker to serve as a full-time Child Matching and Family Support Specialist in the Domestic Older Child Adoption Program. Work will include partnering with local and out of state public caseworkers to match families with waiting children in the public foster care system, providing training and support to prospective parents, as well as providing after-hours support for clients. MSW degree and ability to attain social work license in DC and Maryland required. Ideal candidate has strong clinical skills as well as crisis intervention and/or foster care background. Flexibility to work scheduled evening and weekend hours & reliable transportation required. Hybrid work environment with primary office being in Bethesda. Please send cover letter, and resume to Saara McEachnie at smceachnie [at] barkerfoundation.org . No phone calls please.
Digital Marketing and Outreach Manager
The Digital Marketing and Outreach Manager creates strategies and plans to increase awareness and engagement of prospective adoptive families from lead generation through application, to drive attendance for training and engagement events for adoptees, families and professionals, and to help deliver the organization’s fundraising goals. Hybrid role with 2 days/week in the Bethesda office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage website, including creating and updating landing pages, analyzing and implementing SEO improvements, suggesting improvements for user design and navigation, and coordinating technical maintenance
- Manage social media marketing (paid and unpaid) for the organization, including strategizing, creating campaigns, posting and analyzing to improve performance
- Manage email marketing, including strategizing, creating campaigns and analyzing results to improve performance
- Create and manage content development, including graphic design, photos, video assets and blogs for use on website, social media, and emails
- Contribute to team building activities and positive staff morale within agency
- Participate in agency events, including staff meetings, the annual conference, annual meeting and other events as requested by the Director of Communications and Marketing.
- 3 years+ of digital marketing experience required
- Experience with website management required, including creating and updating landing pages, analyzing and improving performance using tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience with managing social media required, including creating campaigns, posting, managing through scheduling tool, and analyzing results
- Experience with automated marketing/mass e-communication platforms such as Constant Contact or Hubspot preferred
- Experience with content creation including graphic design and video skills is preferred
- Experience with paid search preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines, manage projects independently, and take initiative
- Innovative; must be resourceful in solving problems and propose new ideas
- Comfortable using data to inform decisions
- Keen interest in learning
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse workplace where a premium is placed on teamwork
To apply, send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Libby Powell at lpowell [at] barkerfoundation.org. No phone calls, please.
The Family and Post-Adoption Services Adoption-Competent Therapist position is a full-time licensed social worker, psychologist, or counselor in Maryland with the ability to get licensed in DC and VA once hired. The therapist is primarily responsible for providing counseling services, support groups, and workshops to children, adolescents, and families touched by adoption. This position is a full-time, 5-day-per-week position, with the expectation of evening hours. The position is a hybrid work from home & office position, with office hours primarily based in Bethesda, MD. As needed, travel to our DC & VA offices is required, so access to reliable transportation is preferred.
- Applicants must hold an MSW degree and a social work license in MD or DC with the ability to attain licensure in both jurisdictions.
- Experience preferred around permanency-related issues, including core developmental stages, loss, grief, trauma, behavior management, attachment, ADHD, and anxiety.
- Ability and willingness to work at least three days in person based out of our Bethesda, Maryland office.
- Willing to submit to criminal and CPS background checks.
People of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Interest in working with children and teens is a must. Adoption-Competency Training provided.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Cynthia Cubbage at ccubbage [at] barkerfoundation.org. No phone calls, please.
Community Outreach and Recruitment Marketing Specialist
The Barker Adoption Foundation, a non-profit adoption agency, is seeking a Community Outreach and Recruitment Marketing Specialist responsible for recruiting adoptive families for children, with a primary emphasis on identifying families for older children and children with specialized needs. Duties include planning and implementing an annual recruitment calendar, crafting and delivering email, social media and other content, preparing recruitment materials, and scheduling and managing recruitment events.
Applicants must be passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. Master’s or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, social work, or related field of study required. Must be flexible, creative, outgoing, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace. Applicants must be comfortable with facilitating and delivering presentations, have reliable transportation and flexibility to work evenings/weekends as needed. Non-profit outreach experience preferred. Excellent benefits package included. Please submit cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to bclarke [at] barkerfoundation.orgbclarke [at] barkerfoundation.org (subject: Community%20Outreach%20and%20Recruitment%20Marketing%20Specialist) (.) No phone calls please.