26TH ANNUAL ADOPTION & FOSTER CARE CONFERENCE: VIRTUAL EDITION
The 2020 Barker Conference is going VIRTUAL this year, but the inspiration, education, and connection you anticipate every year will remain strong. We invite you to join us and learn from our subject matter experts and hear personal stories and candid conversations that can help strengthen your families and the adoption community, as a whole, as we prepare for 2021.
What can you expect this year? From the safety of our online environment, Barker’s annual conference will offer the opportunity for you to virtually explore the nuances of adoption and the lifelong impact that adoption may have on an adoptee, their birth parents, and their adoptive parents. Plan to join us on Saturday, November 14, for several opportunities to expand your understanding of the many facets of adoption.
The Barker Adoption Foundation has been supporting families for 75 years. We serve as one of the very first adoption agencies in the country to offer post-adoption services, including counseling, support groups, search and reunion services, parent and professional training, and education, along with kids groups and teen programs.
Conference Topics Include:
- What Adoptees want Birth and Adoptive Parents to Consider
- Adoption Through the Eyes of the Child
- A Birth Parent’s Journey to Adoption
- Navigating the Conversation about Race with your Children
- Forever Parenting Through the Challenging Times: “Forever Through Whatever”
- Search and Reunion
- Final Takeaways for the Adoption Journey and Experience