A lifebook is a meaningful and powerful tool for an adopted child to better understand his/her unique story. This workshop will provide parents of adopted children with guidance, insight and practical tools for creating “lifebooks” and “lifeboxes” for their adopted children.
Topics to be discussed will include:
- Presenting a chronology of the adopted child’s life, and incorporating important events and people from his/her early life to the present
- The role of lifebooks in fostering healthy self-identity and self-confidence
- How to gradually incorporate and add sensitive information in an age-appropriate manner
- Getting started-even if your child has already been home for many years!
- Creative ways-other than scrapbooking to create a “lifebox”, or other vehicle to meaningfully chronicle the child’s story
Open to Barker and Non-Barker families
Event Type:Educational Workshops
Audience Type:Adoptive Parent
Date and Location
Event Date:Monday, September 16, 2019 - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Location/Venue:Barker's Bethesda Office
Registration is required?:Yes
Registration is Open?:Yes
Fee:$30 Individual / $45 couple