Every adoptive parent has concerns about answering the more difficult questions their child may have adoption. This webinar will explore ways and provide tools that adoptive parents can use to proactively think about how to answer their children’s difficult questions in an age appropriate, honest manner. Following are some of the questions to be covered to be covered:
- Why did my birth parents give me away?
- If my birth parents gave me away, will you give me away too?
- Do I have brothers and sisters, and if so when can I see them?
- Why did my birth mother or birth father keep my siblings but not me?
- When can I see my birth mother? Why can’t I see my birth mother now?
- If my birth mother or birth father had some problems, am I going to have them too?
- Does my birth family think about me?
Participants will also have the opportunity to send in questions of their own when they register for the workshop.