July 15, July 24, August 5, and August 19, 2023
Hours: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Are you ready to begin your adoption journey? Completing this training is great first step!
Pre-Adoption Training is intended to educate, support, and prepare families who will be adopting a child through the US foster care system, international or private domestic process. Families will enhance core competencies and gain skills to effectively parent children from a variety of different backgrounds, who have experienced trauma, separation and loss. Through shared learning with others and with the facilitation of an experienced professional and parent team, we believe that families can provide the healing environment that children need.
- Completing this training is required to adopt.
- Makeup sessions for classes missed due to an unexpected emergency may be made available for an additional fee at the discretion of the trainer/program. These make-up sessions are not available for the first session of NTDC.
- Participants missing more than one session (for any reason) will be disenrolled from the class and required to complete the entire training again at a time that better fits their schedule. It is strongly recommended that registrants arrange their schedules to accommodate being present at each class session.
- This is a live online training and all participants must have their cameras turned on for the duration of the training in order to receive a certificate of completion. Failure to comply with this expectation will result in an incomplete, and a certificate will not be issued.
- Some material may not be suitable for children so we ask that any children that you may have not be present during any of the sessions.
For further questions about class and scheduling, please contact tmcleran [at] barkerfoundation.org (Taylor McLeran).
*Cancellation Policy*: Registrations may by cancelled up to 30 days before the start date of the registered session for a fee of $75. All fees are non-refundable within 30 days of the event.