Each month, Project Wait No Longer, offers updates and insights through its very popular newsletter. You can sign up to receive it directly through U.S.P.S. mail by emailing Namatie Mansara at firstname.lastname@example.org, or, you can now find it monthly in the Barker Blog.
Prioritizing Kids, Not Phones
Parents often find it necessary to spend time on their phones — from checking emails to managing calendars, phones are integrated into the success of the family. Sometimes, however, we can find it difficult to spend family time completely undisturbed and undistracted. Here are some helpful tips from parent.co to quit the phone and invest in quality time with the family.
1. Write and Post Smartphone Rules Where Everyone Can See Them
- Some examples include:
No phones out for the first hour after coming home, No phones out during meals, No phones during family movie night, etc.
2.Give Kids 10 minutes of Undivided Attention
It’s simple: give your kids 10 minutes of pure, undivided attention twice a day. This means you go into their world talking with them or playing with them with no interruptions. This supports positive attention and emotional connection, and it’s very doable. 10 minutes. Try it for a couple of weeks.
3. Designate a Box or Drawer Where You’ll Stash Your Phone During Phone-Free Time
4. Put the Phone on Silent During Set Times — And Stick to Those Times
5. Turn Off Notifications on Your Phone
To read this article in full, please visit: http://www.parent.co/12-tips-to-help-you-put-your-phone-away-in-front-of-your-kid/
To view the entire Newsletter, click on the image.
- ‹ DNA Analysis and Its Challenges for Adoption
- Join Barker in Celebrating National Adoption Month with These Special Events! ›