A lifebook is a meaingful and powerful tool for an adopted child to better understand his/her unique life story. This wiorkshop will provide parents of adopted children with guidance, insight and practical tools for creating lifebooks or "lifeboxes" for their children. Topics to be covered will include:
- Presenting a chronology of the adopted child's life and incorporating important events and people from his/her early life until the present
- The role of lifebooks in fostering a healthy self-identity and confidence
- How to gradually incorporate and add sensitive information in an age-appropriate manner
- Getting started - even if your child has been home for many years!
- Creative ways, other than scrapbooking, to create a "lifebox" or other vehicle to meaningfully chronicle the child's life
Presentor: Eliza Niemann, LCSW-C and LICSW, Adoption Social Worker and Adoptive Parent